Everything starts with a good foundation. Pipe and drape begins with 6 lb. to 62 lb. bases, as dictated by the height and weight of the drape. As required, sandbags are added for extra safety and stability. Drape Kings stocks a wide range of Inherently Flame Retardant (IFR) fabrics, from sheer to heavyweight velour, that can be used for everything from basic pipe and drape to a grand entrance or a traveler track reveal.
The Basics of Pipe and Drape
- Drape – available in a host of colors and fabrics; can be accessorized with tie-back sashes
- Header/Horizontal – valance sleeved onto an adjustable horizontal support
- Telescoping Uprights – unique slip-lock feature easily locks when pole is raised or lowered
- Base – the foundation of pipe and drape; weight depends on style of drape
- Sandbag – recommended for all drape above seven (7) feet for added stability
Most pipe and drape competitors use traditional upright hardware which causes the drape to “hump”, as demonstrated below. Using our No Humps hardware, your drape lays flat on the horizontal, creating a smooth, straight look.
As shown in the photos below, standard hardware creates a “hump” at every point where a horizontal meets a vertical. Most of Drape Kings Rental Stock utilzes the flush top as shown on the right with ” NO HUMPS”.
Both new Sale Hardware, and your old standard top uprights can be retofitted with “8 Way Repair Ends” to offer tha same flexibility.
Now, with our Cashmere drape hanging on, you can see what the final product looks like with and without using our hardware.
Fullness occurs when a drape is sewn or gathered with more fabric than the width of coverage.
When ordering from Drape Kings, please take fullness into consideration.