Drape Kings is recruiting a Live Events Technical Director experienced in event production design, technical direction, crew management, budgets and safety. This position will lead the production team and on-site installers translating our client’s concepts into reality all while maximizing equipment usage, time and budgets.
This is a full-time in-house position with regular “event” work hours. However,as the adage goes,“the show must go on” and some traveling to project sites for management and inspections possibly during evening or weekend hours will be mandatory especially during high seasons. There may also be some regional or nationwide travel.
Minimum 10 Years direct industry experience in a relevant business: Audio Visual, Lighting, Sound, Scenic Shop, Rental and Staging, Special Events, Party or Equipment Rental. Background in project management, technical entertainment, industrial theater, film production and or live events a must.
• Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner;Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Project Management–Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and on budget; Manages project team activities.
• Technical Skills–Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Teamwork–Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Managing People–Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes themselves available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
• Adaptability–Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
You’ll need to:
• Learn Drape Kings unique setofproducts and services
• Make product & service recommendations to customers based on their needs and budgets.
• Respond to customer inquiriessuch asproducts, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
• Create and submit timely quotes with an emphasis on accuracy and communication.
• Develop and maintain client relationships for our largest projects.
• Manage not onlyprojects but a team of full and part time production professionalsrequiring precise scheduling, coordination with venues, crews and warehouse.
• Need flexibility in working hours. Normal business hours arecommon,butovertime is required during busy seasons.
• Deliver events on time, within budget, that meet (and hopefully exceed) expectations.
• Set goals for personal and team accomplishment and works tenaciously to achieve them.
• Manage and oversee all aspects oftheproduction staff of approximately 10 in-house staff members and 30 on-the job freelancers at any given time.
• Manage day-to-day activities, crisis situations and 24/7 Eline emergency issues.
Drape Kings is a nationwide event services company specializing in rental and manufacturing of pipe and drape equipment, as well as AV-Drop modular backdrop systems primarily for live events. Along with full service installation, other theatricals include Kabuki Reveals, traveler tracks, Step and Repeats and related décor and scenic elements from theRed Carpetto surrounding stanchions.
With the core business in the event pipe and drape arena, projects can range from basic drape masking to revealing a building facade. The more recent addition of globally accepted AV-Drop modular scenic backdrop system has allowed Drape Kings offers complete eventsolutions. If you are looking outside of the boxfor a company that provides essential components for event environments, look no further. That’s what we do. From a new product announcement to large entertainment event, drape is more than likely part of the package. As we like to say, if it’s happening, we’re there.
Drape Kings currently has offices in the New York City, Washington DC and Chicago metro areas while servicing events across the country. www.drapekings.com
It is the policy of Drape Kings to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status regarding public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Drape Kings will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
If you’re a person who strives to set the standard, join us world class leader in the event services industry.
Job Type: Full-time
Please email resume to email@example.com