About the Job: Warehouse Manager
Job location: College Park, MD
Job type: Full Time
Experience: 7 years min.
Compensation: commensurate with experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Holidays, Personal, Sick, Vacation Days
A privately-owned Event and Equipment Rental Company is looking for a hands-on Warehouse Manager to run the daily operations of a busy INBOUND AND OUTBOUND warehouse. This position requires a minimum of 7+ years of management experience in a similar setting.
Due to rental nature of our business, our warehouse has two-way traffic all day, every day. Ideally, we would give preference to a candidate who has not only overseen an outbound warehouse, but also one that the shipments have come back for quick turnaround. This is a very fast-paced business and we need someone who can remain fluid and quick on their toes in an ever-changing environment.
• Hiring, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining warehouse employees: at least 1 supervisor, 15 full time crew plus freelance/seasonal associates.
• Supervising the activities of warehouse employees while maintaining a safe and clean environment.
• Creating, implementing and enforcing the warehouse’s standard operational procedures and policies as it relates to receiving, handling, and storing of our products.
• Identifying warehouse system improvements.
• Working to establish best practices and documents all warehouse procedures.
• Enforcing productivity while continuing to develop and improve existing operations.
• Evaluating and prioritizing daily workloads and schedules – running employee shifts with an objective of keeping hours down and efficiently avoiding overtime.
• Overseeing strict inventory control and building maintenance.
• Interfacing between warehouse staff and production crews to coordinate daily logistics and overall operations.
• Running the overall day-to-day show and ensuring seamless transitions for all incoming and outgoing crew, vehicles and equipment.
• Hearing and effectively communicating employee grievances.
• Issuing disciplinary warnings and performance reviews as required.
• Ensuring proper execution of all policies and procedures with regard to warehouse organization picking, packing, shipping, and receiving.
• Must be willing to work at least an 8 hr. shift Monday-Friday between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm plus overtime, holidays, weekends and late shifts as required.
• Must have background or experience at the managerial level in a warehouse environment.
• Must have 7+ years in a similar warehouse environment overseeing a crew of 10+ employees. Inbound and outbound preferred but not required.
• Excellent communication skills, strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
• Valid Driver’s License a must.
• Prior supervisory experience a must.
Since we operate 24/7, some overtime and weekend work is mandatory. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Please include salary history and requirements. Resumes will not be read unless they contain the text: “I Am A Strong Leader” in the subject line of cover letter or resume/application.
It is the policy of Drape Kings to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Drape Kings will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
If you’re a person who strives to set the standard, join the world class leader in the event services industry.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.