A privately-owned Event and Equipment Rental Company in North Bergen, NJ is looking for a hands-on Warehouse Manager to run the daily operations of a busy 25,000+ square foot INBOUND AND OUTBOUND warehouse. This position requires a minimum of 10+ years of management experience of 15+ employees in a similar setting.
Due to rental nature of our business, our warehouse has two-way traffic all day, every day. Ideally, we would give preference to a candidate who has not only overseen an outbound warehouse, but also one that the shipments have come back for quick turnaround. This is a very fast-paced business and we need someone who can remain fluid and quick on his toes in an ever-changing environment.
• Hiring, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining warehouse employees: at least 2 managers, 15 full time crew plus freelance/seasonal associates.
• Supervising the activities of warehouse employees while maintaining a safe and clean environment.
• Creating, implementing and enforcing the warehouse’s standard operational procedures and policies as it relates to receiving, handling, and storing of our products.
• Identifying warehouse system improvements.
• Working to establish best practices and documents all warehouse procedures.
• Enforcing productivity while continuing to develop and improve existing operations.
• Evaluating and prioritizing daily workloads and schedules – running employee shifts with an objective of keeping hours down and efficiently avoiding overtime.
• Overseeing strict inventory control and building maintenance.
• Interfacing between warehouse staff and production crews to coordinate daily logistics and overall operations.
• Running the overall day-to-day show and ensuring seamless transitions for all incoming and outgoing crew, vehicles and equipment.
• Hearing and effectively communicating employee grievances.
• Issuing disciplinary warnings and performance reviews as required.
• Ensuring proper execution of all policies and procedures with regard to warehouse organization picking, packing, shipping, and receiving.
• Must be willing to work at least an 8 hr. shift Monday-Friday between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm plus overtime, holidays, weekends and late shifts as required.
• Must be bi-lingual.
• Must have background or experience at the managerial level in a warehouse environment.
• Must have 10+ years in a similar warehouse environment overseeing a crew of 15+ employees. Inbound and outbound preferred but not required.
• Excellent communication skills, strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
• Valid Driver’s License a must.
• Prior supervisory experience a must.
We offer full benefits including health, dental, and 401K. Since we operate 24/7, some overtime and weekend work is mandatory. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Please include salary history and requirements. Resumes will not be read unless they contain the text: “I Am A Strong Leader” in the subject line of cover letter or resume/application.
Email resume firstname.lastname@example.org.