Join the kingdom! By raising the standard, we turn the ordinary into the extraordinary.
With over 30+ years in the production industry, Drape Kings has cemented itself as the premier event services provider! We are excited to bring together the best Graphic Designers in the business to help continue our mission of Raising the Standard!
How do you feel about crowns? Do you enjoy working with textiles, fabrics and with a creative team of people who work collaboratively in a fast-paced industry? Are you a dog lover?
Drape Kings, located in North Bergen, NJ is seeking an experienced and creative in-house Graphic Design Intern. We manufacture, sell and rent Event Drapery for the LIVE Event and Audio-Visual industries worldwide. We are also the exclusive distributor in North America for a new product called AV-Drop, a scenic modular back drop system that is setting the standard globally. We innovate new products and market to a wide array of customers and prospective clients.
We are seeking a talented and creative graphic designer with an acute attention to detail, to bring our products and services to life across all communication tools. Candidate will create product collateral, print materials, ad campaigns (both print and digital), e-blasts, website assets. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner who is comfortable with print, web and email design. This role also includes website Google Analytics, campaign management and usage of a CRM tool. This role is within our Marketing Communications team and reports to the Marketing Director. This individual will collaborate with the AV-Drop Design team, Sale and Rental teams and Product Management team as needed. Candidate must have a minimum of 5-7 years of related experience in Graphic Design (in house or agency).
- Prepares creative work to be accomplished by gathering information, materials and clear understanding of deliverables through written creative briefs
- Plans concept by studying information and materials in conjunction with current brand design language
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval
- Understands how to present his or her work in a clear manner explaining both vision and executional details to cross functional teams and management
- Prepares final layout presentations to management in inspiring manner
- Completes projects on time by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintains graphic asset library that is organized and labeled with versions and final images approved in very detailed manner allowing for showing of evolution
- Creates all digital assets with speed and accuracy – PowerPoint sale presentations, sell sheets, eblasts, website content, newsletters, printed collateral etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing deliverables in timely fashion
- Researches design language of competitors and customers to assure differentiation
- Ability to lead the design of exciting new website launch
- Assists management team in evolving design language and consistency throughout all materials and initiatives to help build Drape Kings brand awareness
- Strong graphic design skills
- Layout skills
- Attention to detail
- Deadline-oriented designs with accuracy
- Desktop publishing tools and graphic design software
- Acute vision
- Time-management skills
- Communication skills and ability to sell the creative
- Works collaboratively and received feedback well
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BFA or BA in Graphic Design
- 5-7 years of related experience (in house or agency)
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Dreamweaver)
- Expert in WordPress
- Comfortable using FTP
- Familiar with CRM software
- Ability to create marketing communication pieces including web, print and social media graphics
- Ability to design and build responsive emails (expert in HTML & CSS)
- Experience managing digital assets
- Ability to see an idea through the creative process to final sign off with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel)
- Ability to edit video in Adobe Premiere
- Ability to pull analytics for email, website, CRM
- Project Management skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Attention to detail.
- Please submit cover letter, resume, and a digital portfolio that grabs our attention to confirm you’ve read through our requirements
What we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K w/ Company Match
- Generous paid time off
- 7 Paid Holidays, including a floating holiday
- Employee Discounts
It is the policy of Drape Kings to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status regarding public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Drape Kings will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.