Join the kingdom! By raising the standard, we turn the ordinary into the extraordinary.
With over 30+ years in the Event industry, Drape Kings has cemented itself as the premier live event services provider. We are excited to bring together the best Scenic Carpenters in the business to help continue our mission of Raising the Standard!
As a Scenic Carpenter, you know that every day is different, which is why you need to know how to:
- Must have knowledge of the construction and installation of theatrical flats.
- The ability to work from and interpret scale drawings of elevations/plans is required. CAD is a plus.
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools is a must.
- Ability to lead union/nonunion day crews in a “hands off” or “hands on” project.
- Basic knowledge of the live event environment including Audio, Video, Lighting, and other aspects of the Event, Theater, or Trade-Show Industries are a must.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require;
- Must possess outstanding customer service skills from the loading dock to the client
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and possible holidays to meet the varied business needs of live event industry
- Adhere to safety standards and proper handling of equipment and gear
- Professional appearance and demeanor with a strong work ethic
- Good written and verbal communication skills required, bilingual is a plus
- Ability to organize/prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously on the job
- Accept all other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor/manager
- Always looking to learn and grow
What we offer
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K w/ Company Match
- Company sponsored Life Insurance
- Generous paid time off
- 7 Paid Holidays, including a floating holiday
- Employee Discounts
It is the policy of Drape Kings to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status regarding public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Drape Kings will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.