Drape Kings, a fast paced, sometimes chaotic and always lively event services company is looking for an experienced IT Specialist (LEVEL 1 TECH).
Drape Kings is a nationwide event services company specializing in rental and manufacturing of pipe and drape equipment primary for live events. Along with full service pipe and drape installation, other theatricals include Kabuki reveals, traveler tracks, step and repeat banners, event carpet, modular fabric flat walls and more. With the core business in the event pipe and drape arena, projects can range from basic drape masking to revealing a building façade to 10,000 + feet of drape for a world famous event. If you are looking for an outside of the box company, look no further. That’s what we do.
Drape Kings currently has offices in the New York, Washington DC and Chicago metro areas with West Coast operations coming soon. www.drapekings.com
Position is in the North Bergen NJ office (approximately 3 miles outside the Lincoln Tunnel). Public transportation is a 10 minute walk.
The IT specialist position installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical advice and support to system users. Works closely with outside IT vendor to ensure that all companywide IT systems are running smoothly.
• Works closely with outside IT vendor to ensure that all IT infrastructure is running at optimal levels.
• Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on users’ premises.
• Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
• Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements.
• Provides telephone, in-person and online support to end-users.
• Coordinates activities for network services with external service provider.
• Provides updates, status and completion information to manager and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail or in-person communication.
• Refers major hardware problems to external service provider for correction.
• Connects users to networks and provides initial training in facilities and applications.
• Administers e-mail and anti-virus systems.
• Provides support for end users to connect remotely.
• Provides support for conference connectivity between offices.
• Rotates daily back-up media.
• Assists in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Windows Server 2012
• Sonic Firewalls
• Cisco Routers
• IPhone, Android, Tablets
• Microsoft Office 365 (2012)
• Microsoft Exchange
• Hire Track
• Log Me In
Required Education and Experience:
• College Degree Preferred
• 3 years of relevant experience.
It is the policy of Drape Kings to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Drape Kings will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
If you’re a person who strives to set the standard, join us world class leader in the event services industry.
Please email resume to email@example.com.