Join the kingdom! By raising the standard, we turn the ordinary into the extraordinary.
With over 30+ years in the Event Industry, Drape Kings has cemented itself as the premier live event services provider!We are excited to bring together the best Seamstresses in the business to help continue our mission of Raising the Standard!
As a Seamstress you know that every day is different, which is why you need to know how to:
- High attention to detail and willingness to be trained to use company standard techniques is a must.
- Must be familiar with the operation of various machines that include: Single Needle, Serger, Overlock, blind hem, and various other industrial sewing machines.
- Competent execution of hand sewing
- Must be able to mark and pin hems
- Must have experience working with heavy weight materials
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Proven record in high standards and quality of work
- Ability to start and finish projects independently
- Professional attitude
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require;
- Good work ethic – team player, punctual, dependable and detail oriented
- Friendly, polite and a positive attitude is essential
- Must have reliable transportation that will allow you to arrive on time
- Must have at least 5+ years’ experience on walking foot machine
- Willing to assist in folding drapery and laundry
- Able to inspect laundry and drapery for any repairs needed
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus but not required.
- Experience creating roman shades, swags, jabots, and austrians is a plus
- Upholstery work is a plus
What we offer
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K w/ Company Match
- Company sponsored Life Insurance
- Generous paid time off
- 7 Paid Holidays, including a floating holiday
- Employee Discounts
For additional employment opportunities, please visit our career page https://www.drapekings.com/careers/
It is the policy of Drape Kings to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status regarding public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Drape Kings will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time